REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL(S): To provide instructional leadership in the classroom in accordance with the course of study approved by the Board of Education approved curriculum.
- Implements instruction to meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives.
- Employs instructional methods and available materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the performance of students on a continuing basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies students who require additional support services.
- Communicates with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Maintains high expectations for student performance and behavior.
- Engages in professional development activities, which enhances instructional practices.
- Participates in appropriate building and district meetings.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS OF THE POSITION: To maintain effective relationships with teachers, students, parents, administrators and appropriate community groups.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT 10 Months
Salary as per SOMEA Agreement