Elementry Teacher Opening
Please email Kaitlyn McWilliams with your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include: resume, transcripts, and certifications
About LEAP Academy:
LEAP Academy University Charter School (LEAP) serves students – from infancy to grade 12 – in Camden, NJ. LEAP provides a college preparatory education with an academic focus on the STEM/STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Technology) content areas. The instructional program is anchored in multi-disciplinary collaborations and supported by opportunities for students to engage in active, integrated and self-directed learning across grade levels.
LEAP’s educational philosophy has maintained a sharp focus on ensuring college preparation and completion for African American and Latino students, while addressing the persistent challenge of bridging the achievement gap that keeps too many African Americans and Latinos from successfully completing college degrees.
Through a strategic partnership with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey – Camden Campus, services and support for the school is channeled through school based Centers of Excellence that provide educational, health, professional development, parent development and innovative academic programs for families, students and staff. The collaborative spirit between a research university and a school makes it possible for true alignment of academic expectations between higher and K-12 education.
- Ensure your pupils achieve learning outcomes that are above average in the subject of mathematics and science by instructing students in a clear, concise and fun way, and regularly preparing lesson plans that are engaging and incorporate the curriculum
- Incorporate the school’s objectives into your curriculum by remaining up to date with mission and initiatives
- Attend staff development days to improve your skills and receive help and feedback from colleagues
- Regularly communicate with parents and legal guardians regarding child’s performance, track and record student progress and keep records up to date for progress reports and report card conferences
- Review curriculum needs and execute plans for improvement, and provide tutoring and additional support
- Act as a role model by making your students feel motivated while maintaining an approachable personality
- Attend school events to better understand student interest and personalities outside of the regular classroom, build strong relationships with your students and aid in the strengthening of their self-confidence while inspiring them to achieve high goals
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education or related field
- NJ Teaching Certification: Elementry K-6
- Experience teaching in a classroom environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff and colleagues
- Flexibility and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school setting
- Organization and communication skills