ELEMENTARY SCHOOL COUNSELOR - 2020 - 2021 School Year
Applicant must hold proper NJ School Counselor Certificate
Applicant must demonstrate a strong knowledge of school counseling techniques at the elementary school level. Applicant shall demonstrate a strong commitment to professional growth including strategies for promoting social/emotional well-being amongst all students in collaboration with administrators and teachers.
Qualifications/Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Maintains student records and ensures their confidentiality.
- Works closely with teachers, administrators, and other professional staff members, providing information and assistance where needed.
- Provides character education as well as college/career classroom lessons.
- Works closely with and involves parents and assists in the resolution of school related problems.
- Serves on the I&RS/504 Committee.
- Serves as an Anti-Bullying Specialist.
- Effectively articulates and advocates for children’s needs with teachers, administration and parents.
Spanish speaking preferred.