Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Vacancy for the 2019-2020 School Year
Superintendent of Schools
The Brick Township Public School District seeks an educational leader with a vision of academic excellence and a commitment to providing a learning environment designed to meet the 21st century needs and interests of a talented student population. This Ocean County school district of excellence, serving approximately 9,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, is supported by a community with high expectations for its students, faculty, and administrative leadership.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- New Jersey School Administrator Certificate (required)
- Ed.D. preferred
- Current CSA or Assistant CSA preferred
- Successful general or special education classroom teaching experience.
- Skilled in all aspects of school administration including curriculum and instruction, personnel and fiscal management, facility operations and labor relations.
- Effective leadership skills: visible and accessible with a strong community presence; ability to make tough decisions and be accountable publicly; capable of delegating appropriately, and able to inspire and motivate staff leadership roles.
- Demonstrated commitment to student achievement.
- Evidence of job stability, community involvement, professional growth and participation in professional associations.
- Capable of dealing with professional staff negotiations, facility expansion efforts and implementation of maintenance plans.