Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
TEANECK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB: The Director of Technology provides leadership aligned with district goals to ensure that resources effectively support teaching and learning throughout the district. The Director will also provide leadership regarding the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of technology use within the district. The Director will coordinate the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum and instructional practices within instructional technology and library media to ensure that all students meet and exceed the New Jersey adopted standards.
1. Hold a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Have at least five (5) years of successful administrative experience.
3. Google Admin Certification (must be obtained within 120 days of assuming position).
4. Experience with supporting: Hosted Applications; Desktop Management Systems; Directory Services and Local Area Networks, Google for Education, Active Directory and GADS.
5. Experience with Operating Systems; Software and Hardware with Apple, PC, and Chrome OS platforms.
6. Experience in K-12 School District, preferably with 1:1 or extensive BYOD deployments.
7. Strong organizational skills, with an ability to: a.) Make decisions in accordance with established policies/regulations, b.) Understand and follow directions while working independently, c.) Take technical lead of projects, while working in a team environment.
8. Motivated individual who demonstrates a high aptitude for technology, with a desire and ability to learn quickly.
9. Outstanding communication skills.
Qualified candidates must have a commitment to multicultural education and demonstrate an ability to work harmoniously with diverse populations.
NJ First Act effective 9/1/2011
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer