Specialist, Family Solutions and Community Partnerships
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the position of Specialist, Family Solutions and Community Partnerships.
In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The Camden City School District believes that its schools are a part of—and not separate from—the community. Community leaders and community organizations provide important services and bring a unique perspective that help ensure our students and families are receiving a holistic education that meets their needs. In turn, the District has a responsibility to engage with the community to increase awareness and provide opportunities for feedback.
To support the needs of this responsibility the Specialist, Family Solutions and Community Partnerships, is an engaging, persistent, and resourceful professional who represents the District in community interactions. In short, the Specialist, Family Solutions and Community Partnerships is a strong opportunity for a dynamic individual who exemplifies the district’s core values to work in partnership with the community and help the District fulfill its mission of all students receiving an excellent education.
The Specialist, Family Solutions and Community Partnerships role requires significant flexibility in work hours. This position may not work a standard 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm schedule. The position requires frequent evening and weekend hours.
- High school diploma required; advanced degree preferred
- Administrative support, customer service, and project management experience required
- Bilingual – Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment required
- A valid driver’s license as well as current insurance and vehicle with valid registration
- Required criminal history background check, physical, and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
Solutions Center Support
- Support the Family Solutions Center to respond to community needs and feedback.
- Ensure consistency in Solution Center responses, messaging and resolutions to parent and community needs.
- Implement the operating principles and protocols of the Solutions Center to ensure the implementation of efficient, high - quality processes in alignment with Family and Community Engagement goals.
- Implement the resolution of parent concerns by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions and escalating unresolved priority issues through the appropriate processes and structures.
- Support relationships with community partners—including non-profit organizations, foundations, corporations, elected officials, and individual leaders—to determine when, where, and how we can collaborate to best support students and families
- Attend relevant meetings and events
- Actively collect feedback from community partners on District policies to inform decision making
- Support collection of information from Central Office staff to respond to community feedback and concerns
- Support community partners with working through District processes to get to desired outcomes, including but not limited to guiding community partners to obtain use of District facilities for community programming
- Represent the District at public events with partner organizations
The Specialist, Family Solutions and Community Partnerships may also take on other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in leading significant cross-functional initiatives in diverse organizational settings
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and inspire others to achieve shared goals
- Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges; comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Systems thinker with a demonstrated ability to design disciplined and sustainable processes and systems that produce strong results
- Desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn
- Integrity and clarity in all communications and interactions
- Commitment to the success of all Camden students; specifically to raising the academic achievement of children in high - poverty communities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills - strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance the big picture with detailed steps to reach the end goal and the ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and basic Web browsers and searches
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the District’s core values:
Respect and Humility
We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration
We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
REPORTS TO & EVALUATED BY
• Senior Director, Family Solutions and Community Partnerships
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
• Competitive based on qualifications and previous experience
- Twelve-month, non-tenureable position
- Union Affiliation
(Pending availability of funds and State Superintendent’s approval)
CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER