Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Category B Paraprofessional(s)
- Minimum of 48 college credits or Paraprofessional Praxis test required.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- NJ Teaching Certificate preferred
Hours of Assignment: Up to 29.75 hours per week
- Facilitate individual instruction as per teacher's direction
- CPI training/certification preferred
- Provide organizational and instructional support for students
- Redirect and focus student's attention during instruction and classwork
- Work with students in a small group to reinforce learning of material or skills as per teacher's direction
- Experience working with students with various disabilities and academic levels within one classroom preferred
- Experience with students who have behavioral and/or social emotional disabilities preferred
Hourly Rate: $21.85
*Please note, paraprofessionals who were hired and have been continuously employed with MTPS as of June 2005 and passed the in-district paraprofessional assessment are not required to meet the qualifications above.