(Immediate Opening)Elementary Teacher - K-6, 1st Grade long term March to June
BASIC FUNCTION (the primary purpose of this position):
Under the general supervision of the School Leader, the primary role of the Elementary School Teacher is to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing the PAC; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and administers curriculum consistent with Principle Academy Charter goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement, and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with PAC standards and policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids, and other supplies and equipment and maintain inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with PAC testing programs and ARC curriculum.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted during work.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (objective educational or technical training required; skills; and years of experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master's Degree preferred
- New Jersey State Teaching Certification as required for the position.
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of the Principle Academy Charter.
- The firm belief in the ability of all students to achieve at high levels, and high expectations for young scholars to become college-ready and attend selective universities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong literacy background
You may use the APPLY button.