Supervisor of Instruction - Nonpublic Services
Union County Educational Services Commission
Westfield, New Jersey
Union County Educational Services Commission is a county-based public school district in Westfield, New Jersey that was established to provide innovative and cost-effective programs for students enrolled in its 21 member districts. The Nonpublic Services Department is responsible for delivering a wide range of programs funded under Chapters 192/193, Title I, and IDEA for students enrolled in private and parochial schools located throughout Union County. These include Compensatory and Supplemental Instruction, ELL Instruction, Related Services, Child Study Team Evaluations and management of federal entitlements for Nursing, Textbooks, and Safety/Security Aide.
The Commission is seeking a Supervisor of Nonpublic Services to assist the Director in the organized, effective and compliant operation of the department. Primary responsibilities include the coaching, supervision and evaluation of teaching staff; developing and managing program budgets; implementing training and professional development programs; and maintaining schedules, records, and other required documetnation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Available October 1, 2021
- Full-Time, 12-Month Position
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Prescription Benefits
- NJ State Pension Enrollment (TPAF)
- Professional Development & Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Competitive Public School Salary, Based on Experience
- Masters Degree in Education, Administration or related course of study from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- Valid Supervisors certificate issued by the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of high effective performance as a public school teacher, Child Study Team member or administrator.
- Preferential consideration given to candidates with experience in teacher supervision and evaluation.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to Special Education, Basic Skills Instruction and/or Nonpublic Education (IDEA, NJAC 6A:14, Chapter 192 & 193, Title I)
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Highly effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills needed to effectively lead staff and work collaboratively with all constituents.
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the online application in its entirety to be considered for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!