Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Applicant must have minimum of 60 college credits or a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment.
Under the supervision of the building principals and the oversight of a certified teacher or other certified staff, the paraprofessional assists/reinforces student instruction, behavior, social skills, community-based instruction, and activities of daily living. A paraprofessional may also assist with clerical and other related tasks to the instruction of students with special needs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Supports students by reinforcing personal, social, behavioral, and academic learning goals. This may include assisting students with self-care tasks in the areas of eating, dressing, and toileting.
- Assists with classroom management, providing students with needed positive behavioral supports.
- Supports student participation in class activities providing prompting, cueing, modeling, and coaching as needed.
- Promotes student independence, fading supports when appropriate; helping students develop competence and self-confidence.
- Assists school staff in maintaining a safe and effective learning environment for academic and non-academic settings (i.e. lunchrooms, study halls, playgrounds and buses).
- Observes the actions of students and provides input and collects data, when required.
- Provides minor clerical assistance to certified staff.
- Accepts field trip, before and after school assignments if available.
- Maintains confidentiality of students at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on non-certificated staff.
Approved: H-2018-9 10/19/17