Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs and coordinates the operation and administration of a program of instructional improvement and curriculum service in the district.
2. Identifies and plans for special programs of professional growth for teachers as necessary for implementation of special projects and instructional programs.
3. Coordinates the implementation of new and revised instructional programs in the schools.
4. Assists the Superintendent in planning and recommending policies and goals for operation of the schools in the district, and in the evaluation of the efficiency of their operation.
5. Observes the instructional program by regular visits to schools and by conferring with principals and teachers.
6. Directs and coordinates the state and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accreditation programs.
7. Serves as a resource person in the development of projects under federal programs as they relate to the instructional program.
8. Other duties as requested.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
1. Possess strong communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills.
2. Possess the physical, mental, and emotional stamina commensurate with the responsibilities and expectations of the position.
3. Possess an understanding of federal and state legislation and District policies related to academic content, achievement standards, and instructional support programs and activities.
4. Possess a high level of self-confidence, initiative, self-direction, and motivation.
5. Capable of diplomacy, judgment, problem solving, and accountability.
6. Demonstrate strong, collaborative leadership.
7. Demonstrate creativity in positive leadership.
Salary Range: $130,000-$135,000 based on experience