TECHNOLOGY TEACHER – Private School, Grades 1-12
Edu-Tech Academic Solutions is seeking candidates to immediately fulfill a full-time technology teaching position at one of our ADVIS and PAISBOA member schools in the Trenton / Princetown area to build on its excellence and guide the school towards future possibilities. The Technology Teacher will work with students from K-12th grades in digital citizenship, creation, collaboration, presentation, research, and innovation. In addition, the Technology Teacher will provide students and classroom teachers with basic technology support. This role requires a high energy, innovative educational technology advocate to join our team and help create an environment conducive to learning. This position is responsible for setting and executing the school's technology learning curriculum to meet the goals of the school’s overall instructional plan.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following fundamental duties and requirements:
- Create focused lessons and units on computer/technology literacy concepts using Macs, Chromebooks, and other devices for students in K-12 that support, enhance and increase student learning.
- Support the implementation of grade and age level appropriate applications of educational technology in K-12 classrooms by collaborating with teachers to incorporate technologies that enhance their daily instruction and student learning in key subject areas (e.g., English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science).
- Exhibit proficiency in using common computer programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace apps) and sharing that knowledge with the students and teachers.
- Assist in providing ongoing professional development for teachers to support the use of technology for classroom instruction, at differentiated levels, to meet all students’ needs. This includes modeling educational technology strategies for teachers that demonstrate best practices and research-based instruction with students.
- Create an effective learning environment by establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior for a productive learning experience during class sessions.
- Instruct students in the proper use, care, and safe handling of equipment, and provide for safe storage for devices.
- Evaluate academic growth of students and maintain appropriate records to include attendance reports, evaluations, grades, and other record-keeping activities as necessary.
- Provision, configure, maintain, and support lab software and hardware: iMacs and MacBooks, Windows PCs, Chromebooks, iPads, printers, Cloud Services, Google Admin, Google Workspace for Education, etc.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends in the technology field in general, and educational technology specifically. Research and recommend innovative technologies and, where possible, automated approaches for tasks.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; also maintain thorough and complete documentation, manuals, and IT policies for all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain IT inventory such as hardware, software, subscriptions, etc.
- Help maintain data protection solutions and student data access monitoring systems.
- Maintain and align the Technology Program to the goals and criteria of the school, advising the Admin Team and Head of School on tech policies and recommendations for future planning.
- Provide ongoing support of audio-visual/interactive systems within the lab.
- Maintain the school’s position as a thought leader in educational technology through experimentation, reflective implementation, and high-quality instruction.
The ideal candidate will have an academic minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 3 years of full-time classroom teaching experience. Extensive knowledge, experience, and successful implementation of instructional technology solutions for the classroom would be ideal. Additionally, this candidate must be flexible, demonstrate excellent communication skills, and ability to solve technical problems quickly with a desire to seek out and develop new strategies for improving overall technology use across the school.
Preferred skills/qualifications for this role also include:
- Outstanding skills in oral and written communication with students, teachers and school administrators.
- Excellent troubleshooting, technical, and problem-solving skills with a “can-do” spirit.
- Excellent research and documentation skills with specific step-by-step workflow capabilities.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to complete each task.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with K-12 students, adult colleagues, and families.
- Keen understanding of education models/taxonomy and the complexities that are currently driving educational innovation in education settings.
- Demonstrated ability in creating and managing instructional lessons to meet the needs of constituencies.
- Current teaching certification in the state of New Jersey preferred; ability to become certified in NJ required.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume (PDF), salary range expectations, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edu-Tech is an ADVIS and PAISBOA preferred partner/underwriter for ADVIS technology and trustee programs and the region’s only education services firm providing technology support/integration, strategic planning/consulting, and a variety of other services focused solely on independent schools. To learn more, visit www.edu-tech.com