Full Time Tenure Track
Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District
2022-2023 School Year
New Jersey State Certification as a Biology or Science Teacher
Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' skills and competence in biology. Develops students skills and abilities in scientific methods and problem-solving, as well as an understanding of the application of science in the solution of practical problems.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in one or more fields of science, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, and physics, in accordance with district curriculum.
- Promotes critical and creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of science to everyday existence, including scientific research projects, demonstrations, experiments, and laboratory activities.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
The Board reserves the right to hire before the closing of this post.