The Senior Accountant is directly responsible to the Comptroller in the performance of his/her duties as described below.
Under direction, performs the more complex accounting work involved in preparing financial statements and in maintaining an accounting system; does related work as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or other Business major which shall include (21) semester hour credits in professional accounting subjects.
- Three (3) years’ of professional accounting or auditing experience.
- Knowledge of school district accounting principles and GAAP and Auditing procedures.
- Will be required to pass a criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status. (CURRENT EMPLOYEES EXEMPT)
Performance of Duties:
- Performs the more complex accounting work involved in the installation, operation and auditing of accounts.
- Makes inspections of complex and varied financial transactions and records to ensure that concerned regulations and accounting procedures are observed.
- May assign and supervise the work of clerical employees.
- Compiles complex financial and other statements and reports using basic data.
- Conducts the more difficult investigations, examinations and audits of books and financial records, and prepares reports thereof.
- Prepares accounting and statistical tabulations.
- Prepares and interprets budget requests, and prepares current statements of allocations and disbursements of budgeted funds.
- Assists in designing, revising and installing accounting systems.
- Performs the more difficult work involved in auditing and recording expense invoices. Prepares audits and edits reports of costs and other financial summaries and statements.
- Checks disbursements and controls adherence to contractual obligations.
- Prepares detailed accounting reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Maintains essential accounting records and files.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by district.
Salary: Negotiable (Non-Affiliated position)
You may use the APPLY button.