Saint Joseph School, Carteret, NJ
The following positions are available for the 2022-2023 school year;
Early Childhood Teacher, Full-Time Position - Must hold or be eligible for Early Childhood (PreK-3rd grade certification) NJ Certification or eligibility
Music Teacher PreK-8th Grade, Part-Time Position - Must hold or be eligible for NJ Music Certification or Certificate of Eligibility
We are looking for candidates who have the ability to share and demonstrate the following qualities:
- Be energetic and excited about teaching
- Be committed to the mission of Catholic education
- Be a practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith
- Have knowledge of current best practices
- Resourceful, dynamic, and creative
- Experience teaching with Google Classroom and Google Platforms
- Necessary interpersonal skills to communicate and work with students, parents, and staff
- Thrives in a working environment where collaboration and teamwork are essential
- Ability to work with students with varying skill levels
- Create lesson plans and assessments, maintains student records, and achieve academic standards
Early Childhood Teacher:
To provide an approved early childhood education program and establish a class environment that fosters hands-on learning and personal growth; to help students develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education and to maintain good relationships with parents and staff members.
Experience in Elementary General Music instruction and pedagogy and ability to organize and direct an elementary/middle school level chorus.
Knowledge of liturgical songs and liturgy preferred.
Interested candidates must submit, a letter of interest, resume, three references, and hold or obtain a Virtus training certificate to Principal, Joanne McKnight.
NJ Criminal Background Check will be required upon hire.