Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- High School diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial skills, general bookkeeping skills, organizational and filing skills and the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications.
- Minimum of three years of successful experience in a related secretarial or office position, or be a graduate of a recognized program of secretarial studies.
- Be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite in order to complete clear and concise business letters, as well as to prepare statistical and other reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate good moral character, initiative and integrity.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community, including difficult and emotional situations.
- Meet such alternatives to the above qualifications as the superintendent or designee may find appropriate.
- Organizes and maintains an efficient and effective office that handles a variety of tasks related to the administration, faculty, students, and parents of the school/department.
- Performs secretarial and clerical tasks of a varied nature.
- Greets visitors and answers telephone calls in a pleasant and efficient manner, communicating effectively in routine, sensitive, and confidential matters.
- Arranges appointments and maintains schedules for the administrator(s).
- Registers new students (if applicable,) secures appropriate student records, maintains confidential student records, and transfer records for students moving to other schools.
- Maintains attendance data for staff members, recording attendance, absences, substitutes, and other required information. Prepares attendance reports, coordinated with payroll data, as required.
- Maintains attendance data for students, recording attendance, absences and other required information. Prepares reports as required.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and documents by creating graphics, displays, using word processing and data management, creating an attractive presentation, copying, collating, and distributing final products.
- Maintains ledgers and accounts as directed by immediate supervisor including financial records, minutes, memoranda, reports and other office documents as required. 1
- Reconciles financial reports.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Creates and maintains a clean, attractive, orderly, safe and efficient office environment
- Continues to grow through collaboration with fellow staff members and participation in appropriate staff development and workshop programs.
- Performs any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the supervising administrator or designee, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.