Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Substitute Nurses are needed district-wide to work on an as-needed basis. Substitute School Nurses play an essential role in ensuring a healthy school climate.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provides emergency care in case of sudden illness and administers first-aid in case of injury to students or staff according to established policies and procedures;
- Notifies parents of health issues;
- Administers prescribed medication to students in accordance with law and board policy;
- Treats confidential information discreetly.
- Valid NJ RN License
- NJ School Nurse Certificate or Substitute Nurse Certificate
- Current CPR & AED Certifications
- Criminal history background check;
- TB/Mantoux test;
- Experience working in school setting preferred
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status;
- New Jersey residency required.
- To be determined on an as-needed basis
- School Principal and Lead Nurse
- $200/day; $100/half day
- No medical benefits
- Substitute Nurses will be offered a half day paid orientation at each school
- At-will position; not associated with any collective bargaining association
Equal Opportunity Employer