- New Jersey Instructional Certificate or eligibility.
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in subject area.
- Familiarity with use of technology as instructional tool.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required criminal history background check.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
To provide instructional leadership in the classroom in accordance with the course of study approved by the Board of Education approved curriculum.
- Implements instruction to meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives.
- Employs instructional methods and available materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the performance of students on a continuing basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies students who require additional support services.
- Communicates with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Maintains high expectations for student performance and behavior.
- Engages in professional development activities, which enhances instructional practices.
- Participates in appropriate building and district meetings.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS OF THE POSITION: To maintain effective relationships with teachers, students, parents, administrators and appropriate community groups.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT 10 Months
Salary as per SOMEA Agreement