Computer Technician - 2021-2022 School Year
Randolph Township Schools is a high performing (PreK – 12) school district located in Morris County, New Jersey. We educate 4,300 students in our four (4) elementary schools, middle school and high school, and we employee approximately 900 full-time and part-time staff members. Our district values diversity and is committed to filling open positions with dynamic individuals who will be dedicated to supporting our district’s mission:
“We commit to inspiring and empowering all students in Randolph Township Schools to reach their full potential as unique, responsible and educated members of a global society.”
The Technology Department is currently accepting applications for the position of a Computer Technician for the 2021-2022 school year. This position has immediate availability!
- Assist the District Technology Coordinator as appropriate with inventories, outsource repair arrangements, district network maintenance/administration, and evaluation of hardware/software.
- Install hardware/software upgrades as appropriate and provide training to users.
- Provide on-site diagnosis of malfunctioning or inoperative hardware or software.
- Remove, repair, and reinstall any technology equipment capable of being repaired in the district.
- Maintain a repair log in the format prescribed by the District Technology Coordinator.
- Install or reinstall computers and computer related equipment.
- Assist with maintenance or repair of hardware, systems software, and other software within the district.
- Maintain and repair computers and computer-related equipment.
- Perform other job-related duties that may be assigned by the District Technology Coordinator.
Randolph Township Schools is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- A-Plus or MCP Certification required
- Have an understanding of Active Directory
- DNS and DHCP
- Understanding of routers, network, switches
- Ability to manage a network or school
- Virtual server experience – a plus
- Experience in computer hardware/software repair and maintenance required
- Demonstrated knowledge of application software required
- Experience in training others preferred
- Network certification or network experience preferred
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
“Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of State and local government must reside in the State of New Jersey, unless exempted under law. If you do not reside in New Jersey, you have one year after the date you take your office, position or employment to relocate your residence to New Jersey. If you do not do so, you are subject to removal from your office, position or employment.”