PAYROLL/ BENEFITS / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT TO THE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR (12 month position)
- Experience in NJ Public School Payroll and Business Office operations- 3+ years preferred.
- Experience with Systems 3000 software, TPAF/ PERS pension systems preferred.
- Proficient in computer applications; Word, Excel, Google Docs preferred. Frontline and Genesis knowledge helpful.
- Ability to work, plan, and organize with a minimum amount of direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Required criminal history review, proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status, physical examination, and other required paperwork.
REPORTS TO: SCHOOL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR JOB GOAL: Assist the School Business Administrator in maintaining the financial and business activities of the school district.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares complete payroll for the district including filing of all monthly, quarterly and annual reports (941, 1095, 1099, W-2, IROC, etc.)
- Enters and ensures accuracy of Payroll/ Personnel information in Systems 3000.
- Prepares reports and checks for proper agencies covering payroll deductions.
- Handles staff inquiries and issues with regard to payroll and assists in processing new employees for all benefits offered by the Board of Education.
- Control and recording of all requisitions, purchase orders and bills for payment, preparation of related reports.
- Prepare invoices for payment in accordance with NJ statutes and Board policy, generate checks, match checks with invoices, mail checks following Board approval.
- Prepares reports including employee attendance, salary data, and other pertinent confidential information for administrative use.
- Prepares and proofs monthly financial statements and reconciliations.
- Assists in providing and projecting payroll information for budget preparation. Rolls over yearly budgets in Systems 3000 software. Verifies accuracy of payroll vouchers and time cards.
- Makes new employee files; files related to correspondence, vendors/contractors, forms and memos. Prepares, verifies and accounts for all employment contracts.
- Responsible for analyzing year end close of payroll PO, for reconciliation of all Agency payments, assists with audit documentation.
- Performs any other Business Office duties as assigned.
How to Apply/ Contact: Interested candidates should mail: cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to: Mrs. Eileen Gorga- Business Administrator/ Board Secretary Brielle Board of Education, 605 Union Lane, Brielle, NJ 08730
Or email to: BrielleBA@brielleschool.org Deadline: August 31, 2019