Description: Substitute Custodian
Job Summary: Clean buildings, including sweeping, mopping, vacumming, emptying trash.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, and staff members, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be reliable and of good moral character.
- Must meet criminal background check.
- Cleaning experience preferred, must be in good physical condition and able to lift heavy objects.
- Must have a NJ Black Seal License
Working Conditions: Called in on an as needed basis. Salary: $15.00 per hour
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of school districts must reside in the State of New Jersey, unless exempted under law. If you already work for the school district as of September 1, 2011, and you do not live in New Jersey, you are not required to move to New Jersey. However, if you begin your office, position or employment on September 1, 2011 or later, you must reside in New Jersey. If you do not reside in New Jersey, you have one year after the date you take your office, position or employment to relocate your residence to New Jersey. If you do not do so, you are subject to removal from your office, position or employment.
- Apply Online/Download Substitute Onboarding Packet (attached).
- Complete all paperwork, and have applicable forms notarized.
- Complete fingerprinting process then upload payment receipt and appointment receipt. If fingerprinting previously upload proof of archive or transfer process indicating the Fort Lee Board of Education as your employer.
- Upload physical.
- Complete online training tutorials as assigned. This will not be done until after appointment is approved by the Fort Lee Board of Education.