HEAD COACH -GIRLS VOLLEYBALL
The Dover Public Schools, a PK-12 grade school district serving 3400 students in Morris County, NJ, is seeking a motivated and dedicated individual for the position of a Head Coach Girls Volleyball.
- Must possess a teaching certificate or be eligible to obtain a substitute certificate (minimum 60 college credits)
- Prior head coaching experience in assigned sport preferred
- Have the ability to organize and supervise a sports program.
- The coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport
and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through
his/her instructions and actions.
- Must complete NJSIAA required certification of First Aid/ CPR/ AED, Fundamentals of Coaching, Concussion in Sports, and Heat Illness Prevention.
To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self-discipline, self-confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes. To upgrade his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations, consultation, etc.
Applications are ONLY being accepted on-line through Applitrack until the position is filled. No phone calls, email, or fax applications accepted.
Please address your cover letter to Mr. Sean Bullock, Athletic Director.
*Please note, a closure period during the school year due to the COVID – 19 pandemic may eliminate our district’s need for this position.
Dover Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.