The Hun School of Princeton, a college preparatory boarding/day school located in Princeton, New Jersey, seeks an organized and creative professional as its next Upper School Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will work closely in this full-time, 12-month position with the Head of the Upper School, the Dean of Faculty, the Dean of Students, and the academic support staff to assist with the management of office administration and workflow.
- Assisting with student, faculty, and parent relations in the Upper School Office including attending to phones and the main office desk;
- Assisting with management of the schedules for the Dean of Faculty, Dean of Students, and Grade Level Deans;
- Recording, maintaining, and reporting all Upper School student attendance and discipline records;
- Assisting with organization, support, and implementation of Upper School events;
- Coordinating student bus service for families and school trips;
- Assisting in projects as needed in the Upper School Academic Office.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred;
- Five years of experience with similar responsibilities to those listed in this position;
- Previous work as an office assistant in an academic institution or a similar role that requires organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with the Google Suite and Microsoft Office software;
- A collaborative and respectful approach in working with all school constituencies;
- Spirited and visible engagement in the broad opportunities offered by a lively school culture;
- Demonstrated communication, organization, and management skills;
- A love for working with young people;
- A commitment to a diverse and inclusive community;
- Personal qualities including resilience, approachability, and kindness;
- Commitment to good judgment, tact, sensitivity, and discretion in the handling of confidential information, materials, and situations;
- Capacity to periodically work beyond and outside the typical workday;
- Required passage of State of New Jersey Criminal Background check.
ABOUT THE HUN SCHOOL
The Hun School of Princeton is an all gendered, private day and boarding school in Princeton, New Jersey. Individual attention and strong student-faculty relationships are the hallmarks of the School. On the 50-acre campus between Philadelphia and New York City, student-centered, hands-on learning prepares students for the global community in which they will live and work. The Hun School is comprised of 645 students in its Middle School, Upper School, and Postgraduate Program. Our campus is home to students from twenty-two countries and fifteen states.
Our campus is located in historic Princeton, New Jersey, a short train ride away from both New York City (50 miles) and Philadelphia (45 miles). Home to Princeton University, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton Theological Seminary, and an array of cultural centers and organizations, Princeton is regarded as one of the most academically-minded communities in the world. Often named one of the country's best places to live, Princeton is a friendly, multicultural community surrounded by mountains, parks, and lakes. There are award-winning museums and theaters, celebrated public and private schools, destination restaurants and hotels, and a robust calendar of community events to enjoy.
The Hun School of Princeton empowers each student to thrive in a diverse and ever-changing world, by nurturing resilient character, providing individual mentorship, and inspiring vigorous and joyful learning.
In our mission of educating global citizens with resilient character, we actively seek candidates who can bring a diversity of experiences and perspectives to our community. The Hun School of Princeton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics or activity protected by law.
The working environment is an office and school environment on a hilly 50-acre campus in Princeton, New Jersey. The abilities to occasionally lift files and storage boxes, walk up and down stairs, attend meetings in varying locations throughout campus, and continually use computers and related office equipment are required. Not all buildings on campus have elevators.
To apply: Employment Application