Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- Minimum five years central business office experience required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other State and Federal guidelines that pertain to the operations of public school districts including but not limited to GASB34, AHERA, Right–to-Know, Public School Contracts Law, Open Public Records Act, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of computer systems and software essential to the operation of the business office such as accounting, database, word processing, spreadsheet and payroll and human resource applications.
- Excellent human relations skills.
TERMS: Non-bargaining unit position; 12 months.
- Assist with administration of day-to-day operations in the Business Office for areas including: Payroll, Purchasing, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, and Receivables.
- Reconciles all bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Performs periodic cash flow analysis on district cash accounts.
- Assist with oversight and administration of the Child Nutrition Program.
- Assists the School Business Administrator with administration of all state, federal and locals grants.
- Assists in completion of the annual audit as directed by Business Administrator, with Board-approved auditor, providing records as requested.
- Reviews, gathers documentation, and prepares responses to Open Public Records Act (OPRA) requests.
- Assists the School Business Administrator with the review of purchase orders, payrolls, fund transfers and other financial transactions.
- Prepare tuition contracts and maintain all tuition billings and accounting for out of district placements.
- Administer all accounts receivable activities including tuition billing, transportation jointures, district vending and other miscellaneous accounts.
- Assists the School Business Administrator with fixed asset accounting and inventory.
- Ensure payments received by the business office are deposited at the bank on a timely basis.
- Handle all petty cash.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the School Business Administrator and/or Superintendent.