LEAD / ASSISSTANT TEACHER
Pay: $11-$17 per hour
This a fantastic opportunity to join a brand new educational daycare center with state of the art technology and curriculum. The Teacher is the leader within the classroom and is responsible for carrying out and ensuring that the classroom operates with the highest standards of educational excellence and offers a safe learning environment. Responsible for teaching students basic academic, social, and other formative skills at the childcare level, and in accordance with Lightbridge Academy Mission, Vision and Core Values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver quality classroom experiences by ensuring a safe and nurturing learning environment that encourages social, emotional, physical and intellectual development.
- Take the lead in overall classroom management, developing clear classroom goals, planning and implementing appropriate lesson plans in accordance with the Seedlings curriculum.
- Encourage a partnering relationship with parents to work as a team for the benefit of the child and keep parents informed of the child’s progress on a regular basis, including formal parent conferences twice a year.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to parents by going above and beyond to address questions and concerns and assist parents promptly and effectively.
- Observe and assess students for creating and maintaining individual profiles, portfolios and parent conferences, and adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Maintain interaction with children at all times during small and whole group interactive learning.
- Implement a philosophy of positive reinforcement and redirection of children’s behavior, in accordance with the company’s Discipline of Children policy.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment and follow all safety procedures at all times.
- Ensure proper staff/child ratio as set by the State Licensing Entity.
- Participate in required trainings and meetings, and travel to off-site trainings as needed.
- Participate in marketing events and tours as needed; assist with the sales process by engaging parents during the classroom tour and following-up post-tour.
- Maintain the standards per the Association of Early Learning Leaders and the company’s operation and education audit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Child Development Associate (CDA), Group Teacher, or Associates Degree in education or related field; Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of childcare experience, classroom experience preferred.
- Maintain continuing education requirements per company and state requirements.