Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Montclair, New Jersey
Position Title: ASSISTANT SCHOOL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR
1. Bachelor’s degree plus additional knowledge in computerized business services
2. Certification as School Business Administrator
3. Successful educational business administrative experience and/or business experience
4. Understanding of the principles and practices of financial accounting and reporting procedur.es consistent with statute, code and GAAP
5. Ability to work on site during the hours required
6. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
7. Required criminal background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal alien status
8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Responsible to: School Business Administrator
Job Goal: Assist in the administration and supervision of business functions of the Board of Education in all the departmental areas as designated by the Business Administrator.
1. Administer the accounting system necessary to provide accurate and complete financial records and reports; 2. Assist in the planning and preparation of the annual budget, as well as long—term planning in terms of community resources and needs; 3. Assist the School Business Administrator in purchasing program, including contract administration, in accordance with State law and Board of Education policy; 4. Maintain and reconcile all financial operations of the food service program; 5. In cooperation with the School Business Administrator and the Personnel Administrator, supervise the employment, training, evaluation, retention and release of all personnel performing work in his/her area of responsibility;
6. Manage the preparation and maintenance of inventories of all buildings, equipment and materials;
7. Assist in interpreting the budget, financial and other related matters to the staff and the general public;
8. Coordinate development and implementation of computer financial operations;
9. Reconciliation of all banking services; 10. Implement and conform to all rules and regulations pertaining to State and federal tax law requirements; 11. Review and provide services which conform to district objectives; 12. Maintain positive relationships with the building administration, parents, other staff and students in the buildings; 13. Assume duties of CFO in the absence of the Business Administrator; 14. Assume other related responsibilities and duties within the context of the above performance responsibilities.
Terms of Employment: 12 month, salary and benefits as determined by the Board
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on evaluation of administrative staff.
Revised: 1995, 2008