About High Point Schools
CPC's High Point Schools are Department of Education approved private, non-profit schools serving students in kindergarten through 12th grade, ages 5 to 21, who learn best outside of the traditional school setting. Our students often experience developmental and learning disabilities as well as other psychiatric disorders.
Why are High Point Schools different? The staff-to-student ratio is one teaching staff to three students. Class sizes are limited to 12. Our 1:3 ratio means that each child's individual educational plan is thoughtfully carried out. High Point Schools combine a comprehensive academic curriculum with evidence based positive behavior supports and a wide array of therapeutic services to promote a positive and effective learning environment. Our team creates a safe environment for students and includes: psychiatrists, nurses, teachers and teaching assistants, licensed clinical social workers, and crisis intervention specialists.
About This Role
The Reading interventionist is fully certified and trained to bring special expertise in the diagnosis, instructional techniques, and assessment specific to reading. The Reading Interventionist recognizes the need for sensitivity and structure in the education of students with various learning and behavioral disabilities.
Requirements: Possess a current New Jersey Certification in Special Education (TOH or Elementary Teacher K-6 with a TOSD) with a focus in literacy and reading; Bachelor/Master's Degree in Education, Reading, or Literacy. Preferred: Minimum of two years of reading intervention experience with special needs students.
About Our Benefits
CPC Behavioral Healthcare offers a comprehensive variety of benefits to promote health and financial security for you and your family:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling available
- Free CEUs available
- Paid conference days available
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan options
- Generous paid leave (vacation, sick, personal)
- Paid coverage for accidental and critical illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Tax-Deferred 403B Retirement Plan w/ employer match after 6 months of service
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts offers for cell phone service, entertainment/travel/shopping, child care, and much more!
- Credit Union
- Employee Assistance Program