First Children School, a NJ DOE approved private school, is actively recruiting for a Part-Time Teacher of the Visually Impaired to implement direct instruction and consultative services for an in-district placement for a Union County school district. Work with blind and/or visually impaired, multiply disabled students.
- Consults regularly with the classroom teacher and other special education personnel, parents, and therapists to coordinate programs and services for the visually impaired student.
- Provides instruction in the development and maintenance of skills to meet the students' unique educational needs in the following areas as indicated in the IEP: low vision and visual efficiency skills
- concept development and academic skills
- daily living skills
- communication skills
- social and emotional skills and abilities and sensory motor skills
- Conducts functional vision/CVI assessments and produces written reports
- Primary responsibility for specialized BVI instruction and services required to meet the unique educational needs
- Possesses the skills and abilities necessary to provide and coordinate the specialized instruction
Requires NJ DOE Certification as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired.
First Children Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.