WHO YOU ARE:
If you have a passion for physics and a gift for inspiring young minds, we are looking for you. You are someone who incorporates technology and hands-on learning experiences into the classroom with enthusiasm. The ideal candidate also believes in collaboration with other colleagues and promotes understanding and communication in a diverse learning and cultural environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff members to form a community of smart, talented, and creative people who are passionate and willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
- Construct learning experiences and assessments that challenge students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom, and demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of complex knowledge and advanced skills.
- Teach higher-level content than grade standards in creative and interactive ways that display your passion for the subject and educate students at a competitive level.
- Mentor students to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, and individuality in all students.
- Keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate, Certificate of Eligibility (CE), or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS) as a Physics Teacher or as required by this position.
WHO WE ARE:
Marion P. Thomas Charter School (MPTCS) offers a seamless educational experience from “crayons to college and career,” giving scholars the opportunity to stay within one school system for their entire public educational career from prekindergarten to 12th grade. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental/Family leave so you can care for your loved ones
- Pension: Eligibility for participation in the state pension plan
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
Next Steps: MPTCS is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of responses received not every applicant will be contacted. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to move forward in the selection process.
Effective October 18, 2021, Marion P. Thomas Charter School will require all employees to provide to Human Resources either (1) proof of vaccination against COVID-19; or (2) results of weekly tests for COVID-19. This information will be maintained in a secure application that will be accessible by a limited group of Human Resources staff.