School Social Worker - Careers
The principle responsibility of the School Social Worker - Careers will be to provide individual/group/family counseling to assigned students/families. The school social worker provides appropriate and consistent services to the student, helping to implement educational activities and Careers transitioning for post-graduation success. Other duties will include reviewing all individual/group therapy referrals from school personnel and collaborating with team members in assigning students for individual/group/family counseling. He/she also attends all meetings with school staff involved in clinical services/visits classrooms to observe students/offer consulting services to teachers.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as a CST member
- Attends meetings with parents/teachers
- Conducts counseling with parents as directed
- Assist Careers teacher with on-campus and off-campus SLE areas, and necessary Career activities throughout the school year
- Refers high school students to DVRS and works in collaboration with Career teacher/staff
- Collaborates with school personnel on cases of suspected child abuse & makes reports to DYFS
- Contacts families/local school districts/DYFS/other agencies as needed
- Participates in planning/conducting professional workshops/teacher in-service training
- Participates in staffing and program development
- Manage caseload of students to provide individual, group and/or peer mediation services to students
- Supervises interns or other team members as directed by School Supervisor and/or Principal
- Attends yearly Primary Restraint Technique (PRT) training.
- Responsible for any miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Participates in PIP for improved job performance
Other knowledge, skills, and certifications required:
NJ Certified School Social Worker
All staff will be trained annually in Primary Restraint Technique (PRT), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Archway Programs is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women.