- Masters degree from an accredited graduate program in learning disabilities
- New Jersey Department of Education certification as a School Psychologist
- Three (3) years of successful psychologist experience, in special education, and knowledge of laws and regulations governing special education.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively assess student’s learning characteristics, design appropriate instructional strategies and plan educational programs.
- Knowledge of pre-referral intervention strategies a plus
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- To provide comprehensive and effective educational services in assessing students’ learning
- characteristics and academic proficiency, designing appropriate instructional plans, and consulting with
- instructional staff to enable students to benefit from instruction and realize their highest potential.
- Serve as an active member of the Child Study Team.
- Provide School Psychologist services to classified students and aid in the multidisciplinary classification of students with disabilities.
- Consult with LDTC, social worker, and other appropriate staff to facilitate an understanding of the educational strengths and needs of referred and classified children.
- Participate on the Intervention and Referral Services/Multi Tiered System of Support team..
- Demonstrate an effective ability to complete paperwork in a timely fashion as regulated by district and state policy and maintain current records of services and cases assigned
- Consult with teachers to assist in the implementation of strategies, modifications and accommodations specific to classified pupils IEP's.
Please send a Cover Letter, Resume, 3 References and a copy of NJDOE related certificates to: Dr. Nadira Jack, CSA at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail 255 Congress Street, Jersey City NJ 07307 or by fax 201.526.0749.
You may use the APPLY button
Applications may be faxed to 201.636.8543.
As an equal opportunity employer, Jersey City Global Charter School hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.