This role is eligible for up to $4,000 in bonuses as well as up to $2,000 for relocation expenses!
We live in a world where math unlocks a future of possibilities. As a Math Teacher at Mastery you will work relentlessly to foster a love of math with your students while growing and developing in your craft. From the moment they enter our buildings, young mathematicians at Mastery engage with the cutting edge, open-source Eureka Math Curriculum
to develop the skills and understanding necessary to have strong mathematical fluency.
Our Kindergarteners through 8th Graders learn with Eureka so that, from 9th through 12th Grade, they are prepared for the rigors of higher math. From 9th through 12th Grade Mastery’s students study Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus (including options for Pre-Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Business Math, and AP Calculus) with the Agile Minds
Teaching math at Mastery you will set high expectations and provide high support so that all of your students are able to succeed. You will work alongside our Specialized Services and School Culture teams to ensure your students receive the help they need to thrive.
At Mastery we value Continuous Improvement and want you to learn and grow in your craft. We utilize a team of Assistant Principals, central-office coaches, and school-based content teams to provide every teacher coaching and feedback. We have professional development or peer collaboration time built into our calendar every Wednesday (when students are dismissed early). You will receive more than 250 hours of professional development annually and have a professional development allowance to use to further your growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students
- Commit to professional growth, self-reflection, a receptiveness to feedback, and a desire to continuously improve
- Implement rigorous and appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments in cooperation with Mastery school-based leadership and curricular resources developed by Mastery’s central office Academic Team
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, plan events for joy and humor, and ensure student mastery of standards
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success
- Respond positively and effectively to challenges with a solutions-oriented resiliency
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a record of personal, professional, and/or academic achievement
- Teacher certification - completed or in process
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Outstanding instructional skills driven by data and delivered through rigorous and engaging strategies