QUALIFICATIONS: 1-3 years experience in troubleshooting, installation and preventive maintenance of computer equipment and peripherals. General knowledge of latest networking and operating systems. The ability to communicate technical data in an understandable manner to the end user. The minimum requirement for this position is a high school diploma, valid drivers license and transportation, and enrolled or completed A+ certification.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent of Schools and/or School Business Administrator
- Troubleshoot, install, upgrade, maintain and repair computer equipment and related peripherals throughout the district.
2. Maintain inventory record for all district computer hardware and related equipment.
3. Assist in resolving computer network problems.
4. Perform preventive maintenance on computers and related equipment.
5. Assist with regular backup of networked systems.
6. Attend systems technology workshop and training sessions to keep skills current.
7. Assist computer engineer in his/her duties as needed.
8. Complete technology work order request forms in a timely manner.
9. Identify and report any unauthorized hardware or software to supervisor.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools, Assistant Superintendent of Schools or School Business
Salary and benefits negotiable based upon experience.
Performance and outcomes evaluated in accordance with Board of Education policies and administrative directives.