The Beach Haven School District, a Pre-K to 6th Grade district located on Long Beach Island, has an opening for a Full-Time Elementary Teacher for the 2023-2024 School Year. Bilingual skills and experiences preferred.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and a copy of certification(s) by the deadline to email@example.com
Deadline: June 15, 2023
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate N-8, Instructional Certificate P-3 or Elementary K-6 CEAS or Standard Certificate
- Valid New Jersey Students with Disabilities or Teacher of the Handicapped Certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong literacy development skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
REPORTS TO: Principal/Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Pupils, and when assigned, student teachers and classroom aides
To provide an approved education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Develops lesson plans and classroom learning activities
- Works to enhance the educational experiences of young children through the creation of a supportive learning environment and the use of developmentally appropriate materials and practices.
- Promotes active learning using structured and unstructured activities that foster the social, physical, cognitive, and emotional development of young pupils.
- Implements the approved curriculum and uses appropriate learning activities designed to foster learning at each child’s developmental level. Works to achieve charter school educational goals and objectives and the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil. Balances teacher-directed and child-initiated experiences.
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
Instruction and pupil contact
- Observes children in a variety of settings and evaluate the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills of pupils and maintain records of progress toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Develops and uses age-appropriate assessment tools and maintains records of pupil's development and educational progress in class record books and/or approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Budgets class time effectively.
Contact with parents and community
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
- Assists in facilitating smooth transitions from preschool, kindergarten, and early primary grade programs and from the school day to after-school child care programs.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program
Professional contacts and activities
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees, and other school system groups.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work year and salary to be determined by the board and the current BHEA Agreement.
ANNUAL EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with NJ State law and the provisions of the board’s policy on evaluations.