In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested candidates to apply for the position of Teacher, Physics.
Across the District, our staff maintain a clear focus on ensuring that every student in the city is enrolled in an excellent school that meets his or her unique needs. The District believes in the power of high expectations and the extraordinary potential of our students.
A teacher in the Camden City School District will serve as a classroom leader who works to provide exceptional instruction that affords all students the opportunity to excel academically and meet grade level standards. The teacher will bring content-specific expertise to their instructional planning and delivery that equips students with the skills necessary to become informed, successful citizens in a global economy. The teacher will collaborate closely with other staff members to ensure that all students receive outstanding support and services. Through this role, the teacher will work relentlessly to increase student achievement levels by consistently setting rigorous academic and behavioral goals for students, monitoring progress towards these goals through data analysis, and adjusting course when necessary. The teacher will work to actively build positive and beneficial relationships with parents, guardians and community members in order to positively impact their students’ academic performance. Requirements and Qualifications Minimum Requirements
Role & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid New Jersey Instructional (Teacher’s) Certificate
- Physical Science (2240)
- Physics (2260)
- Prior experience teaching low-income students in an urban setting (strongly preferred)
- A valid driver’s license with current insurance and valid vehicle registration
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Major roles and responsibilities include:
The Teacher may also take on other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal and/or their designee.
- Serving as a classroom leader by providing high quality, differentiated instruction to students
- Setting rigorous academic and behavioral goals for students and investing students in these goals
- Implementing and effectively modifying instruction aligned to the district’s educational goals by focusing on high standards and achievement for all students
- Designing and implementing high-quality, thorough lesson, unit and long-term plans that equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to master daily objectives and grade level standards
- Co-planning with Special Education Teachers when necessary to ensure that the academic and behavioral needs of each student are met
- Continuously tracking student achievement data and using the data to inform instructional planning and delivery
- Preparing, leveraging and delivering constructive feedback to students aimed at improving their academic performance
- Consistently implementing and enforcing rules and consequences in the classroom setting and school-wide
- Providing continuous evaluation of student progress that is consistent with district established goals and policies, and clearly communicating this progress to all necessary stakeholders
- Maintaining, monitoring, and reporting students’ grade and attendance records
- Taking personal responsibility for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Effectively and innovatively incorporating technological resources into classroom lessons
- Committing to continual professional growth that leads students to achieve the greatest learning gains
- Communicating effectively with students, families and colleagues in order to invest all stakeholders in the learning process
- Attending and actively participating in all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings
- Will be required to support projects and initiatives in other divisions and departments throughout CCSD on an as-needed basis
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experience with:
- A commitment to the success of all Camden students, specifically to raising the academic achievement of children in high-poverty communities
- An unwavering commitment to ensuring all students leave school with the skills necessary to succeed in life and further education and/or training
- A genuine belief that all students can achieve at high levels when they have access to high quality instruction and resources
- A drive to improve the minds and characters of students inside and outside of school
- A desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn
- A demonstrated ability to use data to inform instruction
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Preferred experience implementing co-teaching models
- Exceptional classroom management skills
- An ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective instructional or behavioral solutions that support the success of each individual student
- An ability to successfully differentiate instruction in order to meet the needs of all students, including those who are classified as Special Education or English Language Learners
- Evidence of self-motivation
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- An ability to demonstrate the qualities of flexibility and grit through past experiences
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the district's core values:
- Respect and Humility: We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
- Evidence-based: We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
- Communication & Collaboration: We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
- Solutions-oriented: With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
- Reports To: Principal or a designee appointed by the Principal
- Evaluated By: Principal or a designee appointed by the Principal
- Salary Range: Teacher's Salary Guide
- Employment Period: Ten-month, tenureable position
- Union Affiliation: Camden Education Associate (CEA)
THE CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent’s approval)
- Full medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, including spouse, child and family coverage
- Mandatory enrollment in NJ Pension (TPAF)
- Optional pre-tax benefits available, including flexible spending accounts for childcare, healthcare and transportation
Starting Minimum Salary: $54,272
Starting Maximun Salary: $89,972