Hoboken Dual Language Charter School is seeking an Accounting and Finance Professional.
Hoboken Dual-Language Charter School (HoLa) is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to be responsible for the finance, management, and business affairs of the school. Title, salary, and work hours are flexible and commensurate with the experience level of the individual. HoLa is committed to flexibility and is open to considering all individuals meeting the necessary qualifications described below.
- Administer the financial affairs of the district in such a way as to provide the best educational services with the resources available.
- Assist the school in long term financial planning
- Work closely with the School Business Administrator on the monthly financial reporting, related Board materials and school purchasing activities
- Assist with annual audit requirements
- Work with the NJ Public Charter School Association, the Department of Education and other districts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of public finance, budgeting, resource allocation, personnel and human resources
- Functioning knowledge of accounting systems
- Knowledge of federal grants
- Knowledge of group dynamics, consensus-building, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to develop and implement contracts and bid procedures
- Ability to analyze departmental operations and procedures, especially as it relates to school finances
- Knowledge of, and ability to interpret, School Board policies
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences orally and in writing
- Knowledge of institutional protocol
- Technology savvy and strong knowledge of financial systems and tools
- Must have interest and a passion for the mission of charter schools and strong understanding and knowledge of New Jersey charter school policies, processes, and best practices
- Must have a master's or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university, preferably in finance or accounting, OR CPA;
- Qualified Purchasing Agent (QPA) Certification preferred but not required;
- Other qualifications of academic, professional, and personal excellence as the Board may specify.