Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
TITLE: SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER (Long Term Replacement)
A School Social Worker shall possess a minimum of a Master’s degree, a valid New Jersey Educational Services Certificate with a School Social Worker endorsement.
Experience working with preschool age children
Experience writing a Social History Report
Experience interfacing with facing transitioning from Early Intervention
To serve as a member of the basic Child Study Team under the Department of Student Support Services. Areas of responsibility may include social assessments, planning, follow-up, consultation and counseling. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner consistent with the regulations outlined in the NJ Administrative Code Title 6A Chapter 14.
1. Completes all functions required of a Child Study Team member.
2. Conducts a social assessments to include observation of student, evaluation of family, school, and community issues as they relate to the student’s functioning in an educational setting.
3. Analyzes and synthesizes all information collected in the assessment process to determine the need for special education and/or related services.
4. Provides consultation to staff and parents regarding techniques and activities for teacher’s use with students who have emotional and/or adjustment problems.
5. Visits out of district programs in order to maintain current knowledge of alternative educational options for students.
6. Completes Individualized Education Programs (IEP) for students identified as eligible for special education and/or related services.
7. Monitors student progress as it relates to classroom performance, grades, behavior and IEP goals.
8. Serves as a liaison to classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, community resources, and related services providers.
9. Maintains confidential records on all referred students.
10. Functions as a case manager for out of district and other classified students
11. Participates on the school’s Intervention and Referral Services Team.
12. Serves as a member of the crisis management team and makes appropriate referrals as necessary.
13. Provides counseling to students and parents to assist in meeting social and school adjustment goals.
14. Refers parents to appropriate community programs, services, and agencies.
15. Provides thorough and timely reports, data, and other related information to the Supervisor of Special Services and the Director of Student Support Services.
16. Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned by the Director of Student Support Services.
Approved: 12-20-12 # H-13-18