The Rugby School at Woodfield
Support Personnel: Behavior Management Team
10 Month Position/Monday - Friday, 8:30 am-3:30 pm
Behavior Management Team
Qualification: High School Diploma
Compliance with NJDOE Criminal History Background Check
Experience or interest in working with special needs students
with learning, emotional and behavior problems, ages 6-21
*C.P.I. – Crisis Prevention Intervention Certification
(*provided by school)
Primary Function: Provide school-level positive intervention to special needs students
Reports To: Principal/Assistant to the Principal
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist teachers and students in maintaining a learning environment that is safe, respectful and effective for students to learn and progress and meet students’ learning and behavioral needs.
- Evaluates students’ needs and provides interventions to redirect behavior
- Reinforces appropriate behaviors and redirects negative behaviors
- Provides school policy clarification including rules, expectations and consequences
- Implements consequences for inappropriate behavior
- Assist in verbal and physical de-escalation
- Consults with teachers, support staff and administrators to obtain information and advice on prior behavior problems and provides information as necessary concerning behavioral concerns.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
Please send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org