TITLE: LEARNING DISABILITIES TEACHER-CONSULTANT [LDTC]
- Valid New Jersey Educational Services certificate and Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant endorsement
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing special education; and demonstrated ability to effectively assess children’s learning characteristics, design appropriate instructional strategies and plan educational programs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Required criminal history background check, pre-employment sexual misconduct/child abuse disclosure, and proof of United States citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Director of Special Services and Curriculum
- To effectively assess students’ learning characteristics and design appropriate instructional plans in order to enable each pupil to maximize his/her learning potential.
- Participates in the evaluation, classification and placement of all students with special needs and submits results in Realtime.
- Assesses academic proficiency and learning characteristics of each student referred to the Child Study Team [CST] for evaluation and interprets the findings in written reports and informal conferences.
- Assists in the development and coordination of an appropriate individualized education plan [IEP] for each pupil requiring special education and/or related services. Participates in the ongoing assessment of academic achievement and educational placement of classified students.
- Consults with classroom teachers, administrators, and parents regarding special instructional methods and/or materials necessary to meet the specific needs of individual students. Attends student review and CST meetings.
- Case manages, as needed, students assigned and maintains appropriate case records.
- Serves on the schools’ I&RS committee.
- Tests students to determine readiness for kindergarten; as needed.
- Performs all duties required as a member of the Child Study Team by administrative code, State and Federal laws and Board policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the superintendent of schools and/or Director of Special Service.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten (10) month work year.
- Salary as negotiated through the Absecon Education Association contract.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the state law and the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified personnel.