QUALIFICATIONS: As per the negotiated contract
REPORTS TO: Head Building Custodian
JOB GOAL: As listed in Performance Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, cleanliness of the building, opening and closing of building on school days.
2. Boiler room operation and cleanliness of the boiler room. Also, must have a Black Seal low pressure boiler license
within a year after employment.
3. Raise and lower the flag on school days.
4. Keep the outside area clean of debris daily.
5. Sweep all corridors, bathrooms, offices and classrooms with a treated mop or push broom. Remove any spillage, gum
and other foreign matter.
6. Clean urinals, commodes and sinks. Refill tissues, towels and soap dispensers.
7. Empty all wastebaskets and other trash receptacles.
8. Clean and sanitize drinking fountains.
9. Clean all blackboards and dust chalk rails in each classroom.
10. Make sure all window shades are adjusted evenly and that all windows are closed and locked.
11. Dust and spot clean all furniture and fixtures; such as: desks, tables, chairs, cabinets and ledges, partitions, baseboards, etc. to hand height.
12. Remove fingerprints and spot clean partitions, glass, doors and windowsills.
13. Wash windows on a regular schedule.
14. (Snow Season) Removal all snow or ice from all entrances, stairs, and walkways by 8 a.m. on school days.
15. Use chemicals on sidewalks and other areas as needed to melt ice in order to avoid slipping hazards.
16. Perform all other assigned given during the day by the Head Custodian, Night Shift Lead Custodian or Principal.