Title: INTERIM PART-TIME ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
The Jeffrey Clark School is PreK-2. This position is an interim position, October to April, 3 days per week.
- Master’s degree
- New Jersey Principal Certification
- Must pass criminal background check and fingerprints, pre-employment drug screening and TB test
- Thorough understanding of school operations
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate campus support operations
- Four years experience as a classroom teacher preferred
Reports To: District Principals
Purpose: Assist the School Principals in the overall administration of instructional program and campus level operations. Coordinate assigned student activities and services.
- Participate in development and evaluation of educational programs
- Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate
- Promote the integration of technology in teaching/learning process
- Promote a positive, caring climate for learning
- Deal sensitivity and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Communicate effectively with students, parents and staff
- Participate in development of school improvement plans with staff, parents and community members
- Help Principals develop, maintain and use information systems and records to track progress on school performance objectives and academic excellence indicators
- Observe employee performance, record observations and conduct evaluation conferences as assigned
- Assist Principal in interviewing, selecting and orienting new staff
Administrative and Fiscal/Facilities Management:
- Supervise operations in Principal’s absence
- Help plan daily school activities by participating in the development of class schedules, teacher assignments and extracurricular activity schedules
- Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance and on follow-up investigations
- Work with grade level team leaders to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs
- Requisition supplies, textbooks and equipment; check inventory; maintain records; and verify receipts for materials
- Assist with safety inspections and safety-drill practice activities
- Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule and board policy
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods
- Help to develop and implement a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly followed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable
- Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignment
- Articulate the school’s mission to community and solicit its support in realizing mission
- Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement
- Attend assigned evening school events
- Other duties as assigned
Evaluation: By Superintendent
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this job are normally performed in the following manner: the employee is regularly required to stand and is regularly required to talk and to hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hand to finger, handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Qualified candidates/incumbents must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations. As required under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or duties. It is the responsibility of the incumbent in the position or the candidate once offered the position to inform the East Greenwich Superintendent of any and all reasonable accommodations that may be required. Candidates who need accommodations to complete the application process must inform the Superintendent of their need.
Terms of Employment: In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
The East Greenwich Township School District is an Equal Opportunity Employment, Educational and Service Organization.