SAINT JOSEPH ACADEMY - HIGH SCHOOL in Hammonton, NJ is a private independent Catholic High School in Hammonton, NJ. We are one of New Jersey’s premier, college preparatory schools with a stellar reputation for academics and athletics. Saint Joseph Academy is mission focus providing a comprehensive quality education that fosters excellence in scholarship, lifelong learning, enlightened citizenship and moral integrity. We are seeking a dynamic and passionate High School Principal.
- To maintain congruency between the school’s board-approved mission statement and all educational activities.
- To act as the educational leader of the school, responsible for its day-to-day operation in conjunction with the President; to direct the activities of the members of the school instructional staff and, in conjunction with the business manager and President, the non-instructional staff in the performance of their duties.
- To function as the chief articulator of the academic programs, expectations, behavioral guidelines, and other information necessary to ensure that all constituents are fully informed consistent with their individual roles.
- To observe, supervise, and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs.
- To lead the Academic Policies/Curriculum Committee in the articulation of the school mission, school goals, department goals, course objectives, materials, methods and means of assessment.
- To ensure compliance with legal requirements of government regulations and agencies; to maintain the educational standards established by our accreditation agency MSACESS (Middle State Association of Colleges and School Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools) who examine and accredit the school.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- To support the school and its leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Education Administration or related field; Must have or be working toward Pennsylvania or New Jersey Principal certification
- 3-5 years of demonstrating classroom experience, preferably within an urban school setting
- 2+ years of demonstrated success supervising or leading a team of educato
Start Date: June 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022 Salary: As per Negotiated Agreement; Please forward CV and cover letter, attention to Nicola Howard, President to Mrs. Gina Gardiner, Executive Administrative Assistant at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Friday, May 7th, 2021. NO TELEPHONE CALLS; Saint Joseph Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.