The mission of Marion P. Thomas Charter School is to build culturally rich, transformative educational spaces that cultivate successful, lifelong innovators who use their passions, character, and intellect to better themselves, the greater Newark community, and the world beyond.
WHO YOU ARE:
If you have a passion for chemistry and a gift for inspiring young minds, we are looking for you. You are someone who incorporates technology and hands-on learning experiences into the classroom with enthusiasm. The ideal candidate also believes in collaboration with other colleagues and promotes understanding and communication in a diverse learning and cultural environment.
Do you have what it takes?
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate, Certificate of Eligibility (CE), or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS) as a Chemistry Teacher or as required by this position.
- Achieve excellence in chemistry teaching through excellent planning, organization, and interpersonal communication skills
- Conduct research of projects and relevant literature
- Educate students in the areas of chemistry, chemical technology, and advanced concepts in chemistry
- Educate students on application of chemical techniques while fostering a sense of confidence in their abilities
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate curriculum, using a variety of instructional methods
- Evaluate students’ progress, as well as that of peers, through standardized testing and other means
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Supervise student activities during lab periods
- Develop and maintain a positive, collegial, and cooperative professional environment
- Attend professional meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Salary range: BA $61,912 - $86,912 / MA $62,412 - $87,412
- Term of Employment: 10.5 Months
Are You Ready To Join The Village?
Here’s what you can expect-
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental/Family leave so you can care for your loved ones
- Pension: Eligibility for participation in the state pension plan
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded.
Next Steps: MPTCS is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of responses received not every applicant will be contacted. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to move forward in the selection process.
Marion P. Thomas Charter School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.