NEW HORIZONS COMMUNITY CHARTER SCHOOL
CONFIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Bachelors Degree
- Possesses post-high school professional training
- Possesses a minimum of five years of secretarial/office management experience
- Has experience in organizing and providing staff training
- Possesses excellent skills in communication, data organization and retrieval, word processing, desktop publishing and research
- Possesses exceptional human relations skills and initiative
- Possesses strong dictation and transcription skills
- Successfully completes required criminal history check and has proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, to oversee the efficiency of Central Office, manage former pupil, design and prepare various publications, conduct a variety of staff development programs, and coordinate "special projects" as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Work Performance OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Oversee the efficiency of the Central Office.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of filing system for easy retrieval of information and documents in both electronic and paper format in cooperation with other office personnel.
- Order and maintain supplies for the Central Office with input from other personnel.
- Place and receive telephone calls, record messages for the Director and follow up on telephone requests in accordance with the procedures established by the Director.
- Sort and distribute morning mail for the departments of the Central Office.
- Maintain monthly calendars for central office (e.g., central office attendance, twelve month employees’ vacations, Board Members’ vacations).
- Prepare publications in photo-ready format with desktop publishing software (e.g., district newsletter four times per year, annual district calendar/handbook, budget newsletter).
- Compile district profile/fact sheet.
- Prepare Policy Update (2-4 times per year)
- Prepare news releases generated by the Director, Communications Network and others, disseminate to media and other appropriate audiences and maintain a record of documents.
- Prepare documents as needed for district presentations made by the Director.
- Prepare job postings for available positions; maintain appropriate records of the advertisements and the publications in which each ad is placed.
FORMER PUPIL/FORMER EMPLOYEE RECORDS MANAGEMENT:
- Research and recommend to the Superintendent a system for storage and retrieval of records (i.e., microfilm, microfiche, and laserdisc).
- Organize records and establish a cross-reference retrieval system.
- Oversee the entry of or enter records onto the system.
- Oversee the storage of records and retrieve documents as needed.
- In accordance with State law and district policy, prune and dispose of records.
- Respond to and record requests for records.
- Maintain database
- Send monthly meeting notices, log responses, and fax to Executive Director.
- Receive all incoming mail and disseminate to appropriate Staff member.
- Send thank you letters for all donations, forward checks and copies of letters to treasurer.
- Prepare invitations and mailings for various functions.
- Prepare various forms (i.e., Mini-grant guidelines, reports, etc.).
- Maintain binder of information pertaining to Foundation.
- Conduct computer training for office personnel (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Access).
- Prepare all resolutions for presentation at Board meetings.
- Compile school wide family list/database with input from teachers.
- Research and compile data about topics for the Superintendent (i.e., staff recognition programs).
- Prepare and distribute school/community surveys then organize data for analysis.
- Prepare multi-media materials for Director’s presentations.
- Coordinate district mailings to parents and/or residents.
You may use the APPLY button.