NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
765 BROAD STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
ROGER LEÓN, SUPERINTENDENT
Office of Special Education
(Pending availability of funds and Board of Education approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of School Psychologist within the Office of Special Education.
The School Psychologist will serve as a member of the Child Study Team (CST) and will be concerned with the identification, evaluation, classification, program planning, and monitoring for children identified as eligible for Special Education and Related Services.
1. Master’s Degree from an accredited college of university.
2. New Jersey Permanent School Psychologist Certificate.
3. Evidence of successful completion of approved internship.
4. Letters of reference
- Evaluates identified students using standardized and functional assessments in order to determine cognitive, behavioral, adaptive and social-emotional functioning and appropriate strategies.
- Generates a written, professionally-typed report of the evaluation, using the mandated OSE form that must include:
- Educational, social-developmental, behavioral background
- Relevant interviews
- Observations in testing and non-testing environments
- Assessment procedures utilized
- Discussion and interpretation of test findings
- Summary statements of educational impact
- Actively participates in CST meetings to determine the need for eligibility, programs and the development of an Individualized Educational Program (IEP).
- Is knowledgeable about and adheres to the State and Federal regulations and established departmental procedures.
- Act as a consultant to school staff, students and family to assist in the dissemination of information and program planning.
- Act as a liaison between the Office of Special Education, school administrators and outside agencies.
- Monitors the progress of students for whom s/he manages.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor and foster positive relations with other CST staff, teachers, students, parents and administrators.
- Maintains and reports, at required intervals, accurate statistical data related to productivity and case responsibilities.
- Performs additional or alternative duties which are within the scope of employment and certification as may be assigned by the Director of OSE.
- Is proficient with computer technology.
- Demonstrates efficient time-management skills and maintains case records and files according to OSE department procedures.
- Provides IEP mandated school-based counseling and psychological services in an individual or group setting.
- Performs other duties consistent with specific contractual terms of employment as assigned by appropriate supervisors.
Director of Special Education
SALARY, TERMS AND AFFILIATION:
1. Salary: $58,382 - $100,426
2. Employment Period: Ten (10) Months
3. Union Affiliation: Newark Teachers Union (NTU)
HOW TO APPLY
Newark Board of Education only accepts electronic applications
OPEN AND CLOSE DATES:
OPENING DATE: MAY 24, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
JOB ID: 618
NEWARK BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER