Lindenwold Public Schools is seeking a 1:1 Aide to work with a student in a wheelchair in a self-contained special education classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide academic support (tutorial, study skills, organization) at the direction of the special education teacher.
- Provide behavioral support (redirect, task focus, mediation) for student.
- Assist student with daily living skill building (toileting).
- Assist student with gross/fine motor support (sensory breaks, ambulation support).
- Assist student with his/her assessable technology (communication devices).
- Collect data on IEP goals.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
Position requires sitting, standing, lifting, or moving throughout the building. Must be able to hear (40 decibel loss maximum), verbally communicate, and have vision requirements of near acuity of 20 inches or less and far acuity of 20 feet or more with depth perception, accommodation, and field of vision. Subject to inside environmental conditions.
Experience with special needs students is preferred but not required.
Location: Lindenwold Middle School, 40 White Horse Avenue, Lindenwold, NJ 08021
Pay Rate: $75/day
**Applicants who are not already Insight employees should complete their online application at www.workwithinsight.com/apply.**