LARC is a nonprofit, private special education school created with the sole purpose of providing for the specialized needs of children with disabilities. Renowned for our warm, family-like atmosphere, we strive to meet the needs of all students (ages 3-21 years) and adults (21 years and older) with dignity and respect, and provide opportunities for growth, development, and independence. Located in Bellmawr, we provide services to families. Let us share with your our 50 years of experience, excellence, and determination.
*Visit our website to learn more about our school: www.larcschool.org
All employees must successfully complete a background check, and drug screening prior to the start of their employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Title: Special Education Teacher
- Required NJ DOE Certifications
- Implement IEP goals in accordance with the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards.
- Develop and maintain a positive classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Prepare for daily classes and submit weekly lesson plans and paraprofessional log to the principal.
- Employ instructional techniques and technology appropriate to the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Instruct classroom assistants on techniques, equipment and procedures.
- Consult with classroom teachers on progress of students IEP objectives.
- Collaborate with other staff members in educational and therapeutic matters, maintaining positive lines of communication.
- Serve on volunteer committees.
- Maintain communication with parents.
- Attend evening scheduled programs as requested by the Executive Director.
- Maintain gym appearance and sanitize daily. Assure a safe environment.
- Continue professional improvement by attending workshops, conferences, seminars and reading of professional literature in order to provide the most effective program.
- Actively participate in meetings.
- Request for approval educational materials and equipment necessary for program implementation.
- Supervise and assist in the safe transportation of the students to and from the bus daily.
- Plan and supervise educational trips for the students.
- Lift and position students as outlined in their I.E.P.
- Implement and follow administrative regulations, personnel policies and directives as stated in Board Policy and State Law.
- Be knowledgeable about all medical and emergency policies and work in conjunction with the school nurse.
- Uphold confidentiality at all times.
- Speak positively about Larc School.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with staff members.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and a willingness to learn.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
- Complete tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrate punctuality.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Executive Director
- Become familiar with and implement Larc’s School philosophies, school rules, and personnel policies.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits
- 401K Savings Plan with match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunities to participate in charitable activities
- Family Company Culture
LARC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter, certifications, and resume to Nataine Rodgers or fax to 856-933-3158. EOE/AA
Job Type: Full Time