Full-Time Position at Green Brook Academy which is located in Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- If you are determining your career path and have conisdered both counseling and/or teaching, the para-professional role at Green Brook Academy can provide you with a fantastic experience as you plan your future goals.
- Green Brook Academy is a state approved private school for classified youth ages 10-21 with emotional, behavioral, and learning disabilities. Our therapeutic program provides individualized attention and support such as: (but not limited to) modified curriculum, one-on-one academic support as needed, individual counseling, crisis counseling, mindfulness based training, a behavior modification program, participation in community service projects, and extracurricular activities.
- All applicants must hold or be eligible for certification. We are able to provide educational support for individuals with certificates of eligibility.
- Will be trained in crisis prevention/de-escalation skills and have access to continuing education to support teaching and supporting students who are at risk.
- Previous experience working with students with emotional/behavioral disabilities will be beneficial, however not a requirement.
Competitive salary and full medical benefits are offered.
10 month position with the opportunity to work our 20 day ESY program during the summer.