PRESCHOOL TEACHER ASSISTANT
1. High School Diploma;
2. Demonstrated knowledge of effective early childhood
teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities;
3. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
5. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status;
6. Required Mantoux Test
7. Child Development Associate preferred or acquire same by the year 2014
Supervisor of Early Childhood Education; Principal; Assigned Preschool Teacher
To assist in planning and preparation of daily routine materials; possess knowledge of developmental process of children; assist in observation and assessment of students as required; maintain clean, safe and nurturing classroom environment; demonstrate willingness to upgrade skills; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
- Works to enhance the educational experiences of young children through the creation of a supportive learning environment and the use of developmentally appropriate materials and practices.
- Assists in promoting active learning using structured and unstructured activities that foster the social, physical, cognitive, and emotional development of young pupils.
- Assists with the implementation of the approved curriculum and uses appropriate learning activities designed to foster learning at each child’s developmental level content standards.
- Assists in the development of lesson plans and instructional materials and assists in providing individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Observes children in a variety of settings and evaluates the cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills of pupils and assists the teacher in maintaining records of progress.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Assists in facilitating smooth transitions from preschool, kindergarten, and early primary grades programs and from the school day to after-school child care programs.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
You may use the APPLY button.