Under the general supervision of the Principal, to assist students, and teaching staff with an enriching library/media center environment with a wide range of reading and other educational materials; maintains library collection at school site; develops appropriate programs for students utilizing library resources; and instructs students and others on the proper use of the library resources.
- Knowledge of Balanced Literacy. Experience with Readers and Writers Workshop
- Knowledge of Children’s literature, current authors, and diverse books
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Reading Specialist or Literacy Specialist license preferred
- Flexible thinker and lifelong learner